Q1.WHAT KINDS OF LEGAL ENTITIES ARE OFFERED BY THE KIC?
The legal entities are:
• New establishments: A new business entity with a sole business owner
• New establishments – A new business entity owned by two or more partners
• Branches: local branch (A branch of a domestic firm residing in the TANZANIA The parent company should have existed for more than a year. This also applies to a subsidiary company)
• Foreign branch (A branch of a foreign firm residing outside the TANZANIA The parent company should have existed for more than a year. This also applies to a subsidiary company)
Q2. WHICH KINDS OF COMPANIES CAN BE PART OF THE KIC?
As a provider of an ideal business environment, service provider; traders and manufacturers will definitely find their place in the free zone.
Q3. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Write to us stating the details about the contact person, the nature of the intended business activities and the required KIC products and services.
Depending on the project profile and package selected, you will be required to submit supporting documentation, such as bank references, passport(s) and other legal documents.
To finalise the application, payment must be duly processed.
After obtaining a business licence, you can apply for the approved number of visas and commence business activities in the KIC.
Q4. WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO APPLY?
The documents needed are:
• Application form [ will be provided upon request]
• Brief project description/Business Plan
• Copies of passport(s)
• Bank reference letter
• List of trade names
• Declaration form [ will be provided upon request]
Additional documents required for Industrial License
• Feasibility study (brief)
• Effluent treatment and waste management plan
• Plant layout equipment list
• Environmental impact assessment study
• Power and water requirements
• Detailed process description
• Material storage and handling plan